If you are searching for a food blog theme for free, then welcome to a great review post of the best free WordPress food blog themes. This awesome post actually would help you find out the best and perfect theme for your food blog site easily and effortlessly. All these free themes come with such a big amount of options and functionalities that are enough to build up a primary site beautifully and fairly. With almost all of these themes, you would get the must-have features and privileges like the premium themes to professionally and smoothly manage and control the entire activities of your site.
Free themes literally don’t like to provide dozens of features but these themes, I tried to gather here, are best of them that offer responsive and mobile-friendly interface, awesome user-friendly navigations, easy-to-use facilities, easy-to-install within a seconds, CSS animations, parallax, and so more cool features.
Hope these themes would be very helpful for you if you have a low budget or you want to install a theme for the primary purpose. Or, if you are interested to use a premium and professional theme, dive into the link now.
Fooding is one of the most popular and most used free WordPress themes in the food blog related sites. The theme is not so bulky in its options but so minimal & lightweight and comes with some must-have pages and modern facilities. If you like to have a light and featherweight look in your site and want to represent your site in a professional way like the premium ones, ‘Fooding’ is one of the most recommended ones for you. Let’s learn some of its mentionable features as follows.
- Minimal look but comprises some premium quality features
- The banner part is something light but with a cool parallax background effect
- Blog functionalities are awesome unlike others as a primary type WP theme
- Custom header and menu option
- Awesome custom background- change backgrounds manually
- Custom color’s value changing. Change theme’s color simply
- Full-width template, sticky post, one & two columns
- Awesome theme options to control your site easily
- Translation functionality also comes with the theme that is literally a premium feature
- Essential elements, Support forum in WordPress, and many more.
Receptar is also one of the best and most perfect WordPress food blog free themes. It could be more attractive than ‘Fooding’ to you because of containing some advanced and latest features. Anyhow, the theme Receptar provides you beautiful front page having a unique and distinct layout where you can showcase some of your yummy recipes with cool CSS mouse-hover effects and simple style. The menu bar appears distinctly in a very decent way from the left side. Responsiveness even doesn’t make the menu imperfect rather it looks very good when it gets on the mobile devices. Besides, it has more cool advantages as follows.
- Responsive, mobile-friendly, and cross-browser compatible
- Professional menu bar with flexibility and awesome CSS animations
- Parallax illusion in the banner section
- Unlimited page building facility
- Some primary elements to help you build your site more functional
- Jump to top button that helps the user to jump to the top smoothly
- Awesome and great blog layouts to show up your yummy items
- WordPress support forum and many more come with the theme.
Check out the theme now.
MH FoodMagazine is so heavy and comprehensive WP theme that can be used to publish regular recipes food blog cuisines or anything related to blogs. Someone doesn’t like to have minimal design but likes to have a sophisticated and bulky design with so many useful features. If you are one of them, then take this at once. However, MH FoodMagazine offers you premium-like functions and comes with two types of version- a free version and a premium version. You can make a test buying the free version then you can switch to the premium version simply. And, you should know that the themes that have two versions (free & premium) are literally so heavy and functional than others. Below are some of its key features.
- Extremely responsive and major browser compatible
- Customizing is so simple and no coding knowledge is required
- Inner contents and sections are beautifully sorted and well-organized
- It contains w3c valid HTML and CSS codes
- Coded and designed keeping the matter of SEO optimization in mind. So, crawling is very easy for the search engines
- RTL (right to left) and multilingual functionality supported
- Free regular updates, online documentation, support, and many more.
What are you waiting for? Grab the theme now.
A simple theme for primary use can be your choice for the first time. Food Recipes offers such a minimal facility that is enough to show up the appetizing recipes and cuisines simply but beautifully. It comes with responsive design with the drop-down menu option, awesome layout built with Twitter Bootstrap for making the layout perfect on the handheld devices. Moreover, the theme has a perfect interface to make blogs not only for food-blogs but also for personal travel or any kind of blogs you want. Some features are at a glance in the following list.
- The layout is very simple but provides you must-have functionalities
- Responsive and hand-held device friendly
- Suitable for any kind of blog-related site (food, recipe, personal, travel or anything)
- Easy to set up and install
- Offers you the demo contents as well
- Online documentation guide to easily build up your website
- Support, and so on
VW Bakery is a stylish and polished, good looking and glittering, somewhat functional WordPress theme mainly related to bakery, cake, and pastry sites. If you are actually interested in writing blogs about bakery or cake related recipes, then this cool theme is a great solution for you. Furthermore, if you want it to use for any kind of blogging purpose, you also can do that simply changing the colors and values. Change the look to any sort of style simply and use it as a versatile theme as well, everything in this theme is very easy.
- Layouts are responsive, inner codes are sorted and well-organized
- Awesome menu bar design with a distinct and attractive design
- Gallery option to help you showcase some yummy examples of your recipes- that is a quickly attracting thing to the new visitors
- Customization is very handy and can be done within a few minutes
- Social media links are beautifully placed using the icons on the top bar to make more traffics to your social media
- Multilingual ready, RTL ready, SEO optimized as well
- Support in WordPress, and so more.
Foodie Blog is a uniquely and carefully developed free WordPress food blog theme suitable for any sort of blogging purposes along with recipe publishing. Having clean and fresh interface on your site would increase the user-experience magically. This is why the theme ‘Foodie Blog’ is developed having a clear clean and minimal type view that focuses the absolute content to the readers with awesome user-experience. Besides, it contains search engine friendly inner codes to make your contents indexed in the search engines quickly and simply.
- Fully responsive and cross-browser supported
- Looks very good on mobile devices and the menu bar appears on the left side having zero error
- Minimal but a must-have theme for the primary use
- Professional colors font and styles with icons
- Change the values manually and simply
- No coding knowledge required
- Support, and many more features.
Marinate is a premium-like and minimal but functional food blog and cuisine theme that comes with some distinct and differentiated features. After installing the theme, you would be able to make your site so glittering and glaring showing up the exact message to the visitors. You would notice a somewhat uniquely designed top menu bar having a centered logo and a left-sided panel that displays the sidebar on every single page. Moreover, easy and handy social links with icons are also placed at the top-right corner on the menu-bar. Like to have a minimal type but effective front-page showing only blogs? If yes, then the theme ‘Marinate’ has such easy options with the pagination. Let’s know some key features in the following list.
- Responsive, browsers support, and appears on small devices like premium appearance
- Left-sided sidebar on every single page that appears sliding from left
- Menu items, logo, and social icons are placed with pixel-perfect design
- The footer comes with beautiful image gallery widget where you can showcase some yummy items of your recipes
- Templates with sidebar and without sidebar (full-width)
- A couple of must-have typographies- text-highlighting, table styles, text-sizing, image gallery, and so on
- WP support forum, and many more.
One of the recommended themes. So, download it now.
Kale is a clean and fresh, modern and standard, smart and elegant in its external view, enlightened and glaring, enlarged in its features, and perfect WordPress free food blog theme. It comes with two different types of versions (free and premium). The free version is crafted with tons of essential premium advantages that are literally enough to make an initial food-blogging website. However, the home page contains a cool and professional slider to help you showcase some of your appetizing recipes. The sections and fragments are actually so informative and extended in size that would help you to display your content in an elegant way.
- Extremely responsive and cross-browser (Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE.x, etc) compatible
- Offers you sorted and well-organized sections and fractions having almost zero coding error
- The menu bar looks pixel-perfect and appears beautifully with the drop-down functionality on the handheld devices
- The menu bar appears on the large devices functionally and the search box appears in a different way by clicking on the icon
- Multi-level dropdown menu ready, image logo or text logo ready, background image or color ready, MailPoet ready, post excerpts ready
- Two types of blog layout- grid and mixed layout, post with sidebar and without sidebar, contact page
- Basic WooCommerce integration, documentation, support, and many more.
Foodhunt is one of the best and most suitable free WordPress food blog themes that comes with a great number of premium quality features and functionalities. Features are a lot that can be used without any question as the theme comes free. Although the theme Foodhunt has been developed for the whole of the restaurant niche, it can be used for any kind of food-related blogging. It has a different type of slider on the main page that appears before the menu bar and looks so unique than others. Anyhow, it offers you food menu templates if you want to use it for your restaurant bistro or cafe site.
- Layouts are very classic like the premium themes and responsive with major browser compatibility
- Different types of layout styles- full-width layout, layout with left and right sidebar
- Spaced and enlarged divisions having the perfect color and font integration
- Hunched type font (handwriting font) ready, primary color option ready, translation ready
- Contact form with Google Map integration, a large search box that appears after clicking on the search icon
- Custom CSS coding functionality in order to make your site like your mind
- Cool and amazing CSS animations and transitions with the parallax effect
- Professional support, online documentation, and many more.
One of the most popular and most downloaded restaurant-related free themes is VW Restaurant Lite. As a popular theme, this theme is enough to help you build your site completely and fairly. You do not need to bother about the customization because it offers awesome and fast theme customization for your restaurant or food blog related site. Some mentionable features are as follows.
- Mobile-friendly layouts having the cross-browser compatibility
- Easy logo upload functionality
- Very easy customization within a matter of minutes
- Functional slider with 4 slides installation option and powerful slider setting
- 3 template pages, 1 premade home page, page templates with two types of variation (left/right sidebar)
- Latest WordPress version support, WooCommerce support
- CSS animations, documentation, and so on and so forth.
Elara is one of the best WordPress themes for food blog on this list. It comes with a large number of free features including so many variations. The front page contains several types of variations- with sidebar and without sidebar. Besides, All of its fragments are so extended with an amazing and cool illustration. Like to have video post functionality? If your answer is yes, the Elara theme provides you video post advantage with that you can easily and simply publish recipes with a YouTube video. Below are some of its features.
- The external view is very premium-like having lots of essential fractions
- Crafted with somewhat quadratic and linear type design
- Fully responsive and small devices friendly
- Centered logo menu-bar having a unique and engaging illustration
- Modern and standard slider with a cool fading effect
- Posts sidebar besides image and below image
- Some important widgets- WP Instagram widget, recent post widget, header and footer area widget, and so on
- Support, documentation, and many more.
What are you waiting for? Take ‘Elara‘ now.
Ariel is another great WordPress food blog theme free that is something heavy and bulky in its features, attracting and fascinating in its interface, amazing and impressive in its unique types of design and development. It has such a gorgeous appearance that can be used to attract any of the new guests in a matter of a few seconds and enough to hold the newcomers at least a few minutes. Plus, all of its inner pages and templates are very modern smart and decent along with well-organization. If you are in need of such a theme that contains a great number of functions and options like premium themes, this one would be one of the most recommended ones for you with zero questions.
- Responsive with almost zero error and cross-browser compatible
- Simple but good-looking logo section at the top-left corner
- The logo can be text or image. Anyone of them you can choose
- An awesome search box on the top bar to search the whole of your site simply
- Sticky post functionality with the author box
- Two types of blog templates, 4+ home-page variations
- Support, documentation, and many more.
Chives is also a heavy and comprehensive food-blog theme that comes with a very tempting and stunning appearance. It contains two types of menu bar on the header section having an enlarged logo fraction and social icons. Install the theme simply and make your site like professionals. Standard restaurant-related themes come with hand-writing type fonts. In the same way, this free theme offers you cool handwriting font. To post and control blogs related to food, it has limited blog setting options (in the free version). Below are some mentionable features the developers included in it.
- All of its pages and templates are responsive and major browser compatible
- Modern and premium-like top bar section
- Premium-like slider to firstly attract the new guests
- Blog/Archive setting options in the backend panel
- Settings for posts, pages, global setting as well
- Perfect sizing spacing and coloring for all the sections
- Simple and minimal contact template
- Jump to top button. Use the button to jump to the top point smoothly
A search engine friendly and user-friendly restaurant theme that can be used for catering restaurant cafe coffee pizza fast-food or any kind of restaurant-related sites and for your recipe site as well. That is because of having several kinds of must-have blog-page templates. Plus, recipe plugins are also fairly compatible with this WP template with that anyone would be able to easily make recipe-posts. Translating (multi-lingual) site to any of foreign languages also very facile in this template because it offers the compatibility of installing WPML, q Translate X, and Polylang plugins.
- Very modern and stylish structure like the professional ones
- Every single page comes with the perfect responsiveness and the menu looks perfect that appears from the right side on the mobile devices
- Cool smooth and soothing CSS animations and transitions having the go to top button
- WordPress Gutenberg ready that supports the latter AP version
- Compatible with Visual Composer Elementor Divi and more page builders
- Support documentation and many more come with the theme.
Know more from the links given below.
Bakery Shop is suitable for you if you are looking for such a theme that is so perfect for bakery related sites or bakery blog related sites. This theme is so colorful cute and stylish in its external view, so friendly with SEO to be indexed easily into the search engines like Google Bing Yandex and so on, it also supports eCommerce if you like to have eCommerce functionalities in your site. The following list has more notable features of the theme.
- Responsive and cross-browser (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc) compatible
- Slider carousel to make your site more modern
- Parallax background illusion
- Colorful pages and templates
- All pages are SEO optimized so all of them can easily be indexed into the search engines
- Custom widgets that makes the theme so widgetized
- Author bio to show up a bit about your biography
- Breadcrumb, custom CSS, translation, and many more.
Want to use a premium theme? The following link is a great collection of the best premium food blog themes. Let’s check this out.